I can use information from another source as a point of support or debate for my own opinion.
I can correctly cite my source.
- Bellwork: Journal
- Computers Don’t Belong in Classrooms
- Read article
- Underline 3 important/useful quotes
- Summarize entire article
- Write a paragraph agreeing with the article. Use a quote from the article to support your argument. Cite it properly.
- Write a paragraph disagreeing with the article. Use paraphrased or summarized information from the article and explain why you disagree with the writer. Cite the information properly.
- Article work due at end of class
- Teacher will check in with students as they work
- Some students may be provided extended time to complete the writing